Hubby decided to override my planned Sunday dinner of Salisbury steak and onions, mashed potatoes, and green beans for an impromptu mini cookout in the backyard. I wasn’t too upset realizing that this meant I didn’t have to do much work for dinner 😆. But at the last minute when it was last call for the grill, I needed another side and thought how great a baked potato would be! So I scrubbed some ‘taters and threw them on the ol’ barbie. That’s when it crossed my mind of how tempting it would be to load these puppies up with butter, sour cream, and cheese even! Unfortunately, that’s not exactly the route I’ve been committed to lately. Then I remembered I’m not locked down to having a traditional baked potato, I’m AC of AC Art of Food! Let me do it with a healthy twist! And that I did! Getting inspiration from my God mom’s recipe for her delicious Lemon & Parsley New Potatoes, I decided to create these beauties. Simple, light, and only around 6 ingredients. And remember, you can always make it your own!
Grill/oven should be at 350 degrees
5 medium sized scrubbed baking potatoes
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp dried parsley
*Pink sea salt to taste
* Add a fresh herb sprig for garnish
- Place potatoes on top grill rack and cook for approximately 1 hour, or until center in tender and skin is crisped.
- With a towel securing the cooked potato and protecting hands from the heat, slice each potato forming 1/2 to 1 inch thick discs- it’s OK if potato crumbles during slicing.
- Once all sliced potato discs are laying flat on your platter, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Drizzle on lemon juice.
- Sprinkle on cheese, paprika, and parsley.
- Finish with pink salt to taste
- Place back on the grill rack until cheese is melted and serve.