…after a few happy forkfuls.
In my house frozen popcorn shrimp is an essential staple and always present in my freezer. I really feel it has to do with my childhood LOVE for Red Lobster’s bite sized crustaceans of joy! Even as an adult when I visit this restaurant to this day I order my ‘adult’ meal with a side of popcorn shrimp- don’t judge me! However, I felt there must be some other way to eat these delicious morsels other than with cocktail and/or tartar sauce(my personal favorite at Red Lobster). So I began to ponder and came up with this delicious salad that’s rich in vitamins and filling.
Here’s what to get:
- Cut fresh kale greens
- Sliced fresh cucumbers
- Sliced vine-ripened tomatoes (grape work well)
- Green olives, halved
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Oven baked popcorn shrimp (prepare according to package directions)
- Heaping spoonful of hummus
- Garlic and onion powder
- Fresh ground pepper (there is a HUGE difference- get yourself a pepper mill)
- Your favorite herb or vinaigrette dressing
- Thinly sliced red onion (optional)
Here’s what you do:
Simply prepare the salad essentials while baking the popcorn shrimp. Once done, toss the shrimp and salad ingredients together in your favorite dressing of choice. Sprinkle on onion and garlic powder (no salt), Parmesan cheese, and the scoop of hummus. Grind pepper on top to your liking and dig in!
This is a great dish to fuel before/after a work out since it’s packed with protein. Enjoy!
Make it a Great Tasting Day!