My God mommie Jo Albert has this fabulous summer angel hair pasta that makes me weak every time I take a bite! It’s so simple, yet the ingredients are amazingly bright and delicious. Each time I make it I seem to add a little something different to make it my own. But this brain child is all hers, thanks Mommie Jo!
Just made this last Sunday at my Mom’s request for something light and cool in this crazy Hot-Lanta 100 degree weather! It’s not even Summer yet, good grief ;-p
Jo’s Summer Angel Pasta
– 1 box of angel hair pasta- boiled in salted water until al-dente and rinsed in cold water, set aside in a large bowl
– 2 cups salad shrimp (chopped cocktail shrimp is a good sub)
– 2 cups crab meat (imitation crab is best- it’s actually white fish flavored as sweet crab)
– 1 pint grape tomatoes (each sliced in half)
– 2 green onions, chopped
– 1 red, yellow, and green pepper
– 1 whole cucumber, diced
– 2 tbsp minced garlic
– 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
– 1 tbsp *AbstractSpice
– 2 tsp fresh ground cracked pepper
– 1 packet of dry italian dressing (7 Seasons is good)
– 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– Parmesan cheese
– Add the dry salad dressing packet + 1/2 cup oil to the pasta, mix thoroughly
– In a separate suitable bowl, combine all remaining ingredients
– Mix well, adjusting seasoning to taste
– Pour mixture into pasta bowl and toss thoroughly and evenly
– Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Make it a Great Angel Pasta Tasting Day!