While picking up a few items at Trader Joe’s earlier this week, I noticed at the cooking sample station in the back of the store there was something sizzling in the stationary griddle. As I was being handed the small paper cup and fork, I noticed the simplicity of the dish. One of my favorite combinations with a bonus, mushrooms! Deliciously seasoned potatoes with haricots verts(French term for green beans), and mushrooms. This was their featured product for the day. Now being that I am very leery when it comes to pre-packaged meals, I decided to prepare it separately myself. Coincidentally I already had some fresh green beans in the crisper, and organic potatoes in the buggy- just needed to pick up a pack of mushrooms and I would be set for my ‘Veggie Hash’! So I prepared them last night alongside my honey/lime broiled Mahi-Mahi.
Check it out!
ACAOF’s Veggie Hash
Here’s what I used:
– 3 medium-sized organic potatoes- washed and slice into 1/4 inch rounds
– 1/2 onion sliced
– 1 pint mushrooms- cleaned and sliced
– 1/2 lb fresh ‘snap’ green beans- ends trimmed and cut/snapped in half
– cooking spray
– 1/3 cup canola oil
– 1 tbsp AbstractSpice
Here’s what I did:
– boil potatoes in salted water (add 1 tbsp salt to water and bring to a boil) for 8-10 minutes, remove and drain
– in a separate pot, boil green beans for two minutes, remove and drain
– in a skillet on medium high heat, add oil
– add onions- saute for 2 minutes
– add green beans- saute for 2 minutes
– add potatoes- gently mix for 2 additional minutes
– add mushrooms and AbstractSpice- gently mix for 1 additional minute and remove from heat
Excellent alone as a dish or add your favorite protein and you have a quick, healthy, inexpensive and delicious meal done!
Make it a Great Veggie Hash Tasting Day!