Greetings & Salutations! I was looking for a healthy and super-easy-convenient meal to make, store, grab and go. I felt a quiche would encompass all these, plus taste great. Gosh I love it when I’m right!
Here’s what you need:
– 9 inch pie crust shell, crust included
– 8 large eggs
– 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk ;-) )
– 1 tsp nutmeg
– 1 cup shredded mild cheddar/ jack cheese
– 1/2 cup Munster cheese shredded
– 1 1/2 cup salad shrimp
– 3 cups Kale (washed & picked)
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– salt & pepper to taste
– preheat oven to 350.
- lay pie crust in pie pan if not purchased as one.
- layer bottom of pie crust with mild cheddar/jack shredded cheese, set aside.
- mix together shrimp, kale, onions, garlic powder, and oil, seasoning with salt and pepper to your taste.
- top above mixture on to cheese covered pie shell.
- top mixture with Munster cheese.
- mix well eggs, milk, and nutmeg and pour on pie shell mixture coating evenly as possible.
- place in the oven and let bake for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until the middle is firm.
*kale greens will sit up in the pie and may not be completely covered by egg, this is normal, and gives a nice effect.
*feel free to sub krabmeat or crabmeat for salad shrimp.
Make It A Great Tasting Day!